How They Grow

I know not how a flower grows,
Out of the dark brown soil.
The vibrant colors of a rose
Unfold without its toil.

I know not how the molecules
Arrange in fragrance sweet,
Nor where the motor is that pulls
The petals wide and neat.

But this I know, that when a seed
Is planted in the sod,
With sunshine, rain, it is indeed
Imbued with life from God.

I know not how a Christlike grace
Can grow where good is rare.
The vibrant likeness of His face
Blooms without worried care.

I know not how God's written laws
Become my very life,
Nor where the action is that draws
My thoughts to more of Christ.

But this I know, that when I claim
A promise in His word,
By faith it springs through sun or rain,
And blooms will be assured.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Hand of Christ

Witness

Genesis 24 - A Study on Prayer