HEALTH Training (Weimar)

Studying the Bible with people has always been a burning passion in my heart, but studying about the human body and how lifestyle affects health has become another fascinating subject in more recent years. When we lived overseas many years ago and ran a clinic, we saw vividly how ministering to people’s physical needs prepared them to be more receptive to the gospel. So, in seeking God’s specific direction in my life, I have often been torn between whether to pursue medical-focused or Bible work-focused goals.

Two years ago I learned about a new initiative at Weimar Center for Health and Education that had just been launched called NEWSTART Global. As I browsed its website (www.newstartglobal.com) I became excited! Here was a combination of my two main interests! The fundamental idea of NEWSTART Global is to combine the gospel and the medical missionary work in one package, just as Jesus’ ministry combined teaching and healing. Consider these quotations.

“The union of Christlike work for the body and Christlike work for the soul is the true interpretation of the gospel.” –Review & Herald, March 4, 1902

“The medical missionary work should be a part of the work of every church in our land…. The gospel ministry is needed to give permanence and stability to the medical missionary work; and the ministry needs the medical missionary work to demonstrate the practical working of the gospel. Neither part of the work is complete without the other.” –Testimonies Vol. 6, 289

NEWSTART Global is designed to enable local churches to be centers in their communities for this combined medical and evangelistic work. Elder Ted Wilson has given a very strong endorsement of NEWSTART Global and is encouraging this combined ministry in the church as a whole.

NEWSTART Global's training program is four months long and is called HEALTH (Health Evangelism and Leadership Training for Him).  Since its beginning I have prayed about going through this course, and I believe that now is the time. As you may know, my parents and I plan to move to Weimar in December.  (Dad will be on the construction/maintenance team there.) The course I plan to attend begins in January.

My experience in Wildwood’s online College of Health Evangelism a few years ago gave me a good foundation of knowledge on which to build the more practical side. HEALTH places a heavy emphasis on the practical experience, which includes daily, hands-on experience in outreach programs alongside seasoned health evangelists. It has been exciting to see excellent results already in the “test communities.”

Living on campus as a family will cut some of the usual costs, but it is still beyond my reach. If God lays it on your heart, would you consider contributing towards my goal of $3900? This will cover tuition and personal expenses (gas for commuting to and from outreach sites, occasional cafeteria meals, and textbooks). I hope to reach this goal by December 1st. Donation specifics are below. I know that many of you are not in a position to be able to contribute, but whether or not you are able, I would greatly appreciate your prayers that I will gain, retain, and share all that I can in these four months of intense training.

Donation Information

1.  If you would like a tax-deductible receipt, please make your check out to “Weimar Institute” and write “HEALTH” on the memo line. Do not write my name on your check. (IRS legalities...) However, you may include a separate note that says you were contacted by Lisa Krum. 

2.  If you do not need a tax-deductible receipt, please make your check out to “Lisa Krum” and write “HEALTH” on the memo line.

Please mail all donations to my home address by December 1st. This way I can keep track of progress towards my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hand of Christ

Witness

Genesis 24 - A Study on Prayer